You are here
Financial literacy is a key component of the current maths curriculum for primary schools, yet national research shows the UK is below average at teaching children about money. Locally, we know that fewer and fewer children have experience of handling money and that this key area of applied maths is proving problematic for schools.
Numskills Money is a bank of engaging resources designed specifically to teach primary aged children, from Year 1 to Year 5, to understand money and build the foundations for making mathematically secure decisions about money. There are a total of fourteen activities, all of which have been tried and tested in the classroom and are designed with clearly explained 'simplify' and 'extend' options to accommodate children working at different levels. The activities can be used with small groups of children or as part of whole class teaching.
Teachers who have already attended the Numskills Money workshop were hugely impressed with the resources.
"Brilliant resources, clearly presented."
"Practical, fun ideas to introduce money to children of various abilities."
Each pack includes:
- breakdown of specific links to curriculum (Year 1 - Year 5)
- 8 activities focusing on Handling Money, including preparation guidelines and suggested questions to guide learning, plus simplify and extend activities.
- coloured master sheets which can be photocopied to support activities
- 6 activities focusing on Making Decisions About Money, including preparation guidelines and suggested questions to guide learning, plus simplify and extend activities.
- corresponding master sheets and recording sheets which can be photocopied to support activities
- number lines and squares
Numskills Money can be purchased as a bank of resources. Quest for Learning can also provide training alongside the resources. Alternatively, we can provide specially trained tutors to deliver intensive nine week numeracy programmes in school for identified pupils, based around the Numskills Money package.
Support our work
We accept donations through Localgiving and The Big Give. Both are secure, fast ways to donate online
or learn more about the unique approach we have to learning